Our client believes that people are inspired to reach their full potential in an enriching work environment that encourages respect, recognition and reward. And that’s exactly what they strive to give their employees every day.
They are actively looking for a Research and Development Manager to join their Cape Town team.
You will be responsible for keeping abreast of and identify Research and Development opportunities for the continual improvement of systems, protocols and instructions throughout the cold chain and quality inspection environment.
To apply, you need to have an MSc Agric tertiary qualification (Preferably: Horticulture) and Postgraduate training in Post-harvest Physiology and Technology will be preferred.
It is essential that you have:
- Research and Development management experience
- Proven project management experience
- 5 years’ relevant experience within the perishable export industry including exposure to the latest technologies nationally and internationally regarding Postharvest and Cold Chain research and technology
Adding to the above experience, your skills and knowledge need to include:
- In-depth understanding of the export processes, research and development within the fruit export environment
- Sound knowledge of the main stakeholders within the perishable products export industry
- Knowledge of Protocols and Standards related to the export value chain
- Conceptualization skills, proven scientific writing skills, preferably published in peer-reviewed journals
- Strong ability to present scientific findings verbally- and in writing- to a variety of audiences;
- Research and Development, including strong statistical analysis skills and application of research methodologies
- Ability to establish and maintain professional networks with academic- and research institutions
This is a remarkable company that serves a larger purpose by supporting our country’s global competitiveness of agricultural exports. If you feel that you can picture yourself in this role, then we’d like to chat further about this awesome career move!